Nim's NaNo Spot: Happy NaNoWeen 2024!!



Happy NaNoWeen 2024!!

I'm back! Last year marked my second NaNo loss since I started in 2005. I actually thought it might be the end of this for me. A bunch of things have been changing in my life, and writing has admittedly taken a back seat to some of my newer passions. Still, as November approached this year, I found it calling to me as it has for the past nineteen years. (NINETEEN YEARS!!) I mean, it's not just the writing that makes NaNo so special. In fact, I'd say that was secondary. The primary draw is the event of it all and, most importantly, the people we participate with. Maybe that's not true for everyone, but it is for me. I look forward to getting together with my local writing friends, doing write-ins, chatting about our progress, and comparing word counts. (That last is just for fun. I'm never in first place in my friend group. 😁) 

So, as this NaNo approached, I wrestled with it for a bit, but after visiting with my friends, I knew right away that I wanted to try again. That said, I've chosen to "break the rules" again this year and I'll be writing non-fiction. It's for a project that is near and dear to my heart. It may be that I've attempted this before (and if so, this may all sound familiar!) but hopefully, by the end of November, I'll have what I need to finally get my website fully running.

A little about that.. So, my website does already exist, just in very short form. Currently, the only thing on the site is the Joy Immersion Project (JIP) and even that is not complete. Starting on November 1st, I hope to change all that. I won't be working directly on the JIP (unless I change my mind). Instead, I plan to flesh out the rest of the site. As it is now, stacycats is set up just for the JIP, but it's not the whole story; it's simply a practical method for improving life. I intend to write essays that support the JIP and help people deal with some of the things I've had to overcome.

I could go on, but I think I'll leave the rest for the actual NaNo. I have just under two hours before I start writing. Hopefully I'll make it back here to say hello over the next little while! Happy NaNoWriMo!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment