Ficlet February!
A friend told me about Ficlet February last week, and it seems to be perfect timing. Although I had a fun (and ultimately successful) NaNo last November, my writing chops have been languishing. I just haven't been feeling it lately. My stories are all there, clamoring as always to be told, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to put pen to paper. One of my biggest obstacles has been the character development for the ensemble cast of Unbound Redemption. (Story was born a few years ago during NaNo.)
I thought I'd play with this Ficlet idea, but do it my own way and for my own purposes. (My understanding is that Ficlet February is usually done with Fan Fiction.) So I dragged out my eight characters and made a "pairings" list with all of them. It came out to 36 pairings. I only need 29 for this project, but I found myself wasting a lot of time trying to decide which seven pairings should be eliminated. So I decided to let chance decide all of it. I numbered the list and today went to a randomizing site and got the "9" back. On my list, that's Corey and Mitch. Should be fun. They pretty much can't stand each other.
Assuming I feel my Ficlet stories are appropriate to share here, I'll post them for fun. We'll see. At any rate, thanks to my good friend, Cognomen, for the inspiration and support as I try to pull myself out of this writing funk!


» Post a Comment