Nim's NaNo Spot: 2017 NaNoWriMo Has Begun!



2017 NaNoWriMo Has Begun!

Took me forever to figure out how to reclaim this blog, but I'm back! Been doing NaNo every year in between, but am especially excited about this year's project. I've been a bit of a rebel over many of my NaNo years, writing non-fiction, journals, and video gameplay. Well, not this year! I'm back to writing pure fiction. It's a book I'm revisiting. I first wrote it in 2015 (NaNo) and I like a lot of things about it. But it didn't really have a story. Between that time and now, a story popped into my head and it won't let go! So I'm writing it again, from scratch. I may use passages from the original in the final manuscript, but no cheating! Every word that goes into this book in November will be written in November!
Ok, we'll I'd better go off and get some of this writing done. My goal is to stay ahead every day. My former goal was to stay ahead a whole day's par, but I've already blown that one. (Had an unexpected dental appointment that made it difficult to write.) So far so good on staying ahead. I discovered a couple of years ago that staying ahead every day makes a HUGE difference in the stress levels associated with NaNo. I always know that I could write less on a given day if I needed to and still would not fall behind. The trick is not taking myself up on that unless I really need to!
Ok, enough procrastinating! I'm off to write words (that count)!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment