The Magic Begins!
Happy November, Everyone! I'm very excited about this year's NaNoWriMo (as if I'm not every year). I've been extraordinarily busy (even for October!) with about six million things all going on at once, and so I've been a bit behind with blog posting and ML letters. I'm catching up, though, one word at a time.
Last night reminded me why I love this NaNo Thing so darned much. All year, I get ideas for the next NaNo, and then when October comes, I find myself unsure about what to write. Then, usually a few days before the First of November, the idea pops into my head like magic and I know without a shadow of a doubt what I'm going to write.
Well, not this year. About a week ago, I did get an idea, but not a new one. It's a story I've wanted to write for a long time, and it's an adventure, but try as I might, I just couldn't get my juices running on the thing. I figured that it was just a case of overwhelm and that when November finally made it's way around to me, I'd be able to dive into the adventure of it and all would be well.
So, last night, I was taking a shower after a very long day of family events, followed by Halloween events, followed by quite a bit of travel. I was washing my hair, in a pretty good mood, and thinking about some things that are going on in my life. Surprisingly, I had no thoughts about NaNoWriMo or my story, though I fully intended to get started writing when the clock struck midnight forty-five minutes later.
I got out of the shower and was drying my face when a story idea struck me like a lightning bolt! Goosebumps flooded me, and I knew it was my story!
I love it when that happens! (Though this was definitely the latest it's ever hit me!)
I started writing at about 12:45AM and finished just before two when I started seeing double my word count through my bleary eyes. I made it to 1164 before finally hitting the sack, and today I'm above my 1667 by about three hundred words so far. I'm going to try to double that to give myself some nice early wiggle room.
I'm still caught in the blissful feeling of providence, but there's little time for that! Back to writing!
Last night reminded me why I love this NaNo Thing so darned much. All year, I get ideas for the next NaNo, and then when October comes, I find myself unsure about what to write. Then, usually a few days before the First of November, the idea pops into my head like magic and I know without a shadow of a doubt what I'm going to write.
Well, not this year. About a week ago, I did get an idea, but not a new one. It's a story I've wanted to write for a long time, and it's an adventure, but try as I might, I just couldn't get my juices running on the thing. I figured that it was just a case of overwhelm and that when November finally made it's way around to me, I'd be able to dive into the adventure of it and all would be well.
So, last night, I was taking a shower after a very long day of family events, followed by Halloween events, followed by quite a bit of travel. I was washing my hair, in a pretty good mood, and thinking about some things that are going on in my life. Surprisingly, I had no thoughts about NaNoWriMo or my story, though I fully intended to get started writing when the clock struck midnight forty-five minutes later.
I got out of the shower and was drying my face when a story idea struck me like a lightning bolt! Goosebumps flooded me, and I knew it was my story!
I love it when that happens! (Though this was definitely the latest it's ever hit me!)
I started writing at about 12:45AM and finished just before two when I started seeing double my word count through my bleary eyes. I made it to 1164 before finally hitting the sack, and today I'm above my 1667 by about three hundred words so far. I'm going to try to double that to give myself some nice early wiggle room.
I'm still caught in the blissful feeling of providence, but there's little time for that! Back to writing!
Labels: 2010


» Post a Comment