NaNo 2011 Begins!
This is NaNo #7 for me, and I find myself just as excited as ever to be starting this journey once again. This year has been a little different for me so far in that I did not have a solid idea about what I was going to write about when I started. This occurred to some degree once before when all I had was a scene in my head. But within an hour, I knew what the story was about. This time, I'm nearing the end of day two, and although I have 2300 words down, I still don't know what my story is about! It's freaking me out a little bit. :)
I wonder what they'll say.
But I have some good writer friends - one of whom is a dyed-in-the-wool "pantser". (This is how she writes books all the time!) She seemed tickled when I told her of my "dilemma" -- mostly because she doesn't see it as a problem at all. Chances are, she's right. She gave me some great advice. I have two characters currently. She told me to let them talk. So that's what I'm going to do.
I wonder what they'll say.


» Post a Comment