Nim's NaNo Spot: 2018 NaNo Prep!



2018 NaNo Prep!

Until last Tuesday, I wasn't as excited about NaNoWriMo as I'd like to be. I couldn't think of a story to write.
It turns out that wasn't really the problem. I realized during one of our local writing groups that my resistance had more to do with abandoning the novel I've been working on all year, even for just a month. It's actually a novel combined from two NaNos and it's been my focus since the beginning of this year to finish it and get it published. I've had (indispensable) help from a writing partner and it's really all I think about when I have creative time. So the thought of setting it aside to write something completely different was the true source of my idea-block. I think I must have said as much, because my writing partner suggested that I write something related to Unbound Redemption--like back story or a character's life story--for this year's NaNo!
You know how, when something is RIGHT, you just know it? Well, this was right! I felt immediately relieved and excited and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. Now I'm back to counting down the days until November 1! AND I have stuff to prep now too!
So excited! See you all when we're a little closer! (Or, knowing me, when we're smack in the middle of it all. LOL)
Happy October NaNoPrep!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment